Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Just introducing myself. I currently drive a '99 MGF (no comments please ;) ) but came on here for some info on the 147 2.0 TS. I'm looking at one at the mo for my wife and I to use as a daily driver so the F can become a bit more of a good weather toy. I'll post in the relevant forum about all that anyway.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I've always like them MGF's keep looking at nice grey mgtf's with red leather on autotrader, they're sooooo cheap it's almost robbery.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Hi MGF_O, welcome to AO. :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Nothing wrong with the MGF :)

Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the warm welcome all. Glad to see a few fellow MG'ers over here. Having a look at a 2.0 TS Lusso tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed it's a nice one so I can convince the wife that it's a better option that a Focus. Only sticking point might be the insurance, but I'd be happy with a 1.6 to be honest and that should help.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, had a look, fell in love ('tis Valentine's Day after all) but...didn't buy it. A rather sketchy service history and the traders apparent reluctance to offer a decent warranty put me right off again. Fingers crossed that the 1.6 we're intending to see on Saturday is the one. Think the wife fell for it too though so that's a plus :D

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Phil!
Fancy seeing you here!
:D
It seems strange seeing you refering to 'the wife'! Don't tell me she's selling the Mini though?
:eek:
Wahey, small world, hope you are well. 'The Wife' says hello. The Mini has already been sold, we wanted to keep it but just don't have the space, and it was still worth a good few quid so it went. It was an emotional moment for her :cry: but the pile of cash we exchanged it for helped ease the pain.

See you soon I hope.

Phil

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thought I'd say Hello again as an actual owner this time.

Collected my first Alfa today, an '06 GT JTDm in Radificino (sp?) red with Tan leather and Bose! 100+ miles back to Notts from the trader in Norwich and I'm completely besotted!

Seeya soon,

Phil

1 - 20 of 22 Posts