Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, im obviously a new member saying hello......I got my first Alfa just over 2 months ago.

2004 156 2.4 JTDm Veloce

Loving it so far. Only a couple of problems.....altho the first isnt the cars fault!

1) Managed to get two punctures in 2 months ive had the car! Prior to this in my 7 years of driving id never managed a single puncture!!!

2) The car failed to start, wouldnt turn over, left it for 5 mins, started but flashed up with 'Motor control failure' go to dealer. Had it code read at a local garage, fault was crankshaft sensor......gonna get it replaced on wednesday.

Oh and get what i think is excessive feedback/shaking through steering wheel at about 80...thinking its just the tracking???

Anyway hi to everyone, ive been checking in now and again so thought id better join.

G

·
Welcome :D

The vibration could be the balancing, tracking causes the car to wander, not vibrate :D

Bit unlucky with the punctures...have you been on a building site or near where building is occurring?

wrinx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,

Wrinx - Cheers, there is no wandering so need to check wheel balance.

And as for the puncture's just unlucky i guess! Altho thinking about it the neighbour has recently started building an extention.......oh and i have to go down the docks (for work may i add...not some dodgy nightime habid) and there is often loads of waste timber etc lying around.....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to AO Alan. You might be better putting your questions in the 156 Technical Assistance Forum, I'm sure tons of help will be sent your way :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Hi AA, welcome to AO. It's good to see another fellow north easterner on here. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts