785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AlfaMartini said:
Hi and welcome to AO.

Would appreciate your comments on 147 ownership so far :)
Thanks all for the welcome. I'd been looking at Focus's :eek: for a while, eventually realised I was being a boring unimaginative.....when one day was awestruck by a 147 and from that point was the only car I was going to have (this is about a year ago). Spent a good few weeks looking for the right one and eventually found my 02 1.6 Lusso. Driving and owning this is on the whole very enjoyable, but seem to have the same issues as many others:

Sometimes stiff gear changes and occasional loss of third
Worn timing variator causing diesel like rattle
Creaking suspension
Split front brake pipe found at MOT - they look like they're made of foil
Drivers door handle not working

Other than that can't fault it, it's a solid, well balanced, decently performing and excellent handling car that I love to drive and my next car and the car after that and the car after..................will all be Alfa Romeo .

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Bairn147 said:
Thanks all for the welcome. I'd been looking at Focus's :eek: for a while, eventually realised I was being a boring unimaginative.....when one day was awestruck by a 147 and from that point was the only car I was going to have (this is about a year ago). Spent a good few weeks looking for the right one and eventually found my 02 1.6 Lusso. Driving and owning this is on the whole very enjoyable, but seem to have the same issues as many others:

Sometimes stiff gear changes and occasional loss of third
Worn timing variator causing diesel like rattle
Creaking suspension
Split front brake pipe found at MOT - they look like they're made of foil
Drivers door handle not working

Other than that can't fault it, it's a solid, well balanced, decently performing and excellent handling car that I love to drive and my next car and the car after that and the car after..................will all be Alfa Romeo .
I've had a few problems with my GTA.... Detached headlamp wash cover; Selespeed paddle failure; LH & RH drive shaft CV coupling failures.

However they've all been sorted very quickly under warranty by my local Alfa dealer, and my next car will definately be another Alfa :) :D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts