Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I've been an Alfa owner for 9 years now and despite their poor reliability reputation both my 146Ti and now my 156 have aquitted themselves very well. Minor niggles have not detracted from an overwelmingly positive experience.

I would however like to get my car a once over from somebody good with paint. My car has suffered the inevitable parking dings and the front spoiler has plenty of minor chips on it.(Looks bad in Cosmos Blue).:eek:

Has anyone out there had positive/negative experiences with people like chips away or others? Any recomendations apprieciated.

Totty.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hello :)

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

I've had very good fixes (twice :( ) from Chips Away. One was a really deep crease from someone who couldn't park and the other was a deep scratch and dent from a stone :eek:

They are franchised...... so go along and have a look at the cars waiting to be collected.... that'll give you an idea of how good (or not so good) you're local one is... :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

·
Super Moderator
60,032 Posts
Hi and welcome to this great site, enjoy looking around. My alfa is reliable and she's 13 years old, are the newer ones full of problems?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Classigal93,
Not really, the motoring press over here bang on about it. However my experience has been very good and the problems I have had are very minor.
Poor radio reception when rear heated screen is on: cure: listen to a CD instead.

Door handels stick in cold weather: cure: insert key and they pop back out.

In short nothing that will stop me choosing Alfa next time I am in the car market.

PS Nice Spider, or is it Spyder?:D

·
Super Moderator
60,032 Posts
Totty said:
Hi Classigal93,
Not really, the motoring press over here bang on about it. However my experience has been very good and the problems I have had are very minor.
Poor radio reception when rear heated screen is on: cure: listen to a CD instead.

Door handels stick in cold weather: cure: insert key and they pop back out.

In short nothing that will stop me choosing Alfa next time I am in the car market.

PS Nice Spider, or is it Spyder?:D

It's a Spider of course:D Love her, she's the best car, love the Italian leather, power windows and power steering, a bit different from my 77.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts