Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have had a 1997 gtv for 2 years. It is lovely but keeps breaking.
New CAT
New Coils and leads
New Variator
New MAF
New Temp Sensor
Should have bought another mondeo
Now a week of power loss resulting in not starting unless you turn key for 5 minutes! Mechanic says plugs so waiting for their (expensive) arrival!

M

·
0 Posts
welcome to AO dude...plugs need to be changed on the 60k service...have you already passed this landmark ?

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will let you know!
For those of you in liverpool some useful and cheap tips.
Hometune man in Liverpool knows about alfas and is cheap! (changed my variator for 60 quid! I bought the part and cam locks he did the rest.
There is a breakers yard devoted to alfas in Bootle it is an aladins cave and cheap - MAF 30 quid.

ebay also comes in handy - 8 plugs 57 quid instead of 100 from dealer
hope this helps
P

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi Peter, sorry to hear about your problems, but for a GTV its worth it :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO, hope your probs are resolved soon :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and welcome !! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok car still sick! started with new plugs although had to leave a small one in as it wouldnt undo and didnt want it breaking! still poor power on low revs thou. Anyway ****ed down in liverpool last night and now it wont start at all! should have bought a mondeo.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Peter, where do you live? If you're near to Wrexham give Allitalia a call on 01978 757588, I'm sure they'll be able to fix it for you :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi there you will get all the help you will ever need from the guys on this site. Just dont ask me anything technical, I drive a style statement!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts