Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having browsed a couple of threads decided to sign up and join in the fun.
I've had the 156 for about a year and a half now and its just excellent. I emigrated to France 2 years ago and couldn't stand the thought of buying just another eurobox so tracked down the Alfa at a dealer for a reasonable price (when comparing it to all the mundane Laguna, 406, etc etc). Just a couple of problems since then, the usual lower engine cover coming loose and grounding out at the slightest lump in the road, air flow sensor replaced during holiday back in england and the tracking resetting as it was eating front tyres.
Have really been in love with Alfas since my brother had a 79 Alfetta saloon (rare beast in england), not the prettiest but that twin cam didn't half make the right noises.
Keep up the the good work and entertainment.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Gasketeer said:
Having browsed a couple of threads decided to sign up and join in the fun.
I've had the 156 for about a year and a half now and its just excellent. I emigrated to France 2 years ago and couldn't stand the thought of buying just another eurobox so tracked down the Alfa at a dealer for a reasonable price (when comparing it to all the mundane Laguna, 406, etc etc). Just a couple of problems since then, the usual lower engine cover coming loose and grounding out at the slightest lump in the road, air flow sensor replaced during holiday back in england and the tracking resetting as it was eating front tyres.
Have really been in love with Alfas since my brother had a 79 Alfetta saloon (rare beast in england), not the prettiest but that twin cam didn't half make the right noises.
Keep up the the good work and entertainment.
Salut Gasketeer,

Welcome on board,

I hope that you enjoy the French experience a lot.

How is the Alfa Dealership over there. Are they competent and helpful?

All the best on this site,

Fabrice :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all.

Mixed reactions to the dealer service. Where i bought the car in Dax, Milano Automobiles they seem really helpful, though unfortunately not the closest dealer to me. I took the car to the dealer in Pau and they came across as quite disinterested, they even couldn't be bothered to take the service book out and stamp it, I had to take it in to them myself. I think next time I won't worry about the 15 - 30 minutes extra travelling and i'll be going back to Dax.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Gasketeer said:
Thanks all.

Mixed reactions to the dealer service. Where i bought the car in Dax, Milano Automobiles they seem really helpful, though unfortunately not the closest dealer to me. I took the car to the dealer in Pau and they came across as quite disinterested, they even couldn't be bothered to take the service book out and stamp it, I had to take it in to them myself. I think next time I won't worry about the 15 - 30 minutes extra travelling and i'll be going back to Dax.

Cheers

FGS don't get Fabrice started on Dealers! :eek:

Welcome to AO. Shame you have to drive on the wrong side of the road! :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts