Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just joined AO.com as it seems the right one to join. I love spotting other Alfa's on the road but nobody ever seems to wave back - Is there a special wave?

L

·
0 Posts
Nope just wave like a loon that does the trick, swear most people that drive Alfas up here in Bristol think I am mad!! ;)

Welcome to the South West section, make your self at home! :)

Nick

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome. I've started waving with a bit more gusto but still little response, perhaps I shall have to upgrade to that GT much sooner!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,
Must admit I don't see too many Alfa's on my way around Bristol. Then I'd look like a right idiot waving at AR's from an Omega MV6!...
Not anymore, I've just took the plunge and bought myself a tidy black 159 SW , high mileage but comes with a detailed FSH and a brand new mot. Cant wait to pick it up this weekend.
Anyone want an Omega?
;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome NicQ.

I get about one wave per year in Bristol (but don't let that put you off!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Back in the old days, before the 156 came out, all Alfa owners used to wave at each other. I remember getting my new 2.5 V6 S3 in '97 and on my first trip out, saw another 156 and we waved madly at each other. That was the last time I got a wave driving a "modern" Alfa.

I still get waved at in my partners MX5, I get a nod from other Range Rover P38 owners (probably in releif that someone else is just as insane to own one as they are) and always get a wave in our RCZ.
I usually got a cheery wave when driving my Abarth 500, barchetta and when the 500 first came out we all used to wave, but thats all gone now. Seems popularity breeds contempt sadly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts