Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
mr.orange said:
hoping to have more luck with a selespeed gearbox....... :lol: :lol:
Yup... :) well out of the cars I have had my major issues were with one 200sx( other was fine) and the 3 mg metro's( I dont think the gearboxes liked my driving... I even had to replace whole engine in one)

I shall have to see... :) I shall run the car as is for a bit and then will need to source some more power... :) or my mates in their 1.8 metros are going to eat me for Breakfast.. lol although at least I can lose in style.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
lynn said:
I have had no standard gti metro's so not sure how they are in standard form as all mine had 1.8s slapped in and uprated suspension.. but I did enjoy them but they were costing me to much money.
QUOTE]

Alot of the parts for mine came from motobuild....I've seen acouple of thier 1.8 16v metros - must be great fun as the 1.4 16v is a very quick little car! :eek: :D

Hope you enjoy thr Alfa :cool: :)

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
one of my mates had a metro turbo lump in his mini with fat 10" wheels. It was so quick off the mark the passenger seat ratchet couldn't take the G's and you ended up flat on your back when he floored it, my god it was fun.

Welcome to AO I'm sure you'll find a lot of like minded individuals here.

:)

Sean

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
been down to dealer today. Car will be ready for pick up on Monday around lunch time.. so I am taking a sicky from Uni. ( well actually I have been poorly for 3 days now so not quite a sicky...) Decided to keep the BMW too... so will take the beemer to Uni and back as the parking at Uni is a nightmare and my poor beemer already has 3 new parking dings from people opening the door into it when its left there.

Cant wait... just hope I get some time to go out and drive it... if it hadnt been so close to xmas I would have booked myself a test day at my local track and had it all to myself for the day.. :) hehe

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
lynn said:
I think in total in 3 years I have had 28 cars..and 3 bikes.. thing is we always have 2-3 at a time and I did have 5 at one point.. ie.. my sensible car, his sensible car, my toy, his toy and something for off roading.. lol
Wow :eek:
You should really have your own forum at this stage!

Welcome to AO :)
TB

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Trailbraker said:
Wow :eek:
You should really have your own forum at this stage!

Welcome to AO :)
TB
I actually do..and am still majorly involved in the metro clubs... :) Although they did want to lynch me when I got a BMW... :D But my own is working progress... hehe...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts