Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Im a newbie to the site - but I have to say I am impressed! I might actually learn stuff about my car here!! I am afraid I am a girl who knows very little about cars - I saw mine at the garage, thought it was gorgeous, took it for a test drive then bought it (its an 04 147 Selespeed in Alfa Red!)! Someone asked me about the alloys and my reply was - big and shiny :eek:

Anyway, I am looking forward to a laugh on here and good advice from peeps who have a clue!! :lol:

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Helloooo and welcome to AO. :D
The natives are (mostly) harmless around here. ;) :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i can manage to transfer pix from camera to PC I will post some! I really an a useless girl when it comes to technical things! I can however cook, clean, shop for scotland and tell dirty jokes - so not totally useless!! :lol:

·
Registered
491 Posts
hi from a fellow scot, can you be honest and tell me if you prefer the civic type r or the alfa 147 :D just forget for a minute that this is an Alfa forum :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gollum - I get more looks when I am in the Type R, and it is like sh$t off a shovel, and faster than the 147!! I like driving the Type R (mostly when my other half is offshore as he doesnt like me driving it!!) if I want a wee pose and to really put my foot down on the duel carriage way, but the Alfa is definately nicer to drive, more comfy (heated seats and all that!!), and nips along at a fair speed too!!

I think the Alfa is a more classy looking car, but I do like the Type R too. Oh I dont know - I'll say the Alfa cos its mine all mine!!!! :lol:

The Type R does !!!! off all the wee boy racers round here in their modified Corsas mind you (specially being a girl - ooohhhh they hate that!!, so for sheer "fingers up" to them it's better than the Alfa!! :cheese:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
tartantotty said:
Someone asked me about the alloys and my reply was - big and shiny :eek:
I believe that "someone" was me. ;)

Once again, welcome on board. :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
alfagj said:
and before anyone else asks.......... :rolleyes:

We would like to see pix of car :)
I asked first. :D

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
tartantotty said:
I can however.... tell dirty jokes - so not totally useless!! :lol:
Prove it :p

Welcome btw :D

glenda said:
we are a rare and wonderful species around here :D
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

*ahem* I mean, i agree entirely. *cough*

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Green Cloverleaf wants always dirty jokes :p ;)

Welcome to AO :) We're waiting those pics :D

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Hi welcome to AO :)

Oh but you gotta love the Alfa far more than the civic!!! :confused:

The speed of 147 dont matter, its a much better car to be seen in :cool: .....nothing wrong with the civics but they are far too common! :rolleyes:

And you dont have to beat the boy racers to show your cars better! ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts