Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd pop in here to introduce myself.
Name's Michael and am from meath.
Have just bought a 99 gtv t spark and am getting back into the joys of alfa ownership. (previously had a 145 and 156)

Have being looking through the site and am regretting I didn't find it for my old alfa's.
Don't post as much as I should but hoping to get on as much as I can and getting to some meets.
Thanks everyone :)

·
Administrator
87,029 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Welcome along Mick, we have a meet on the 4th of feb in Kilkenny if you wanna pop along.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
As above welcome along Mick..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the welcome everyone, Have being flirting with alfa's again for the last while looking at v6 166 and jts 159,
already started on fixing the few little prob and while I don't think i'd get to killkenny i'll definitely get to some meets during the summer.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I finally got round to taking a few pic's of my gtv, havem't being doing much on her yet, few little pieces of trim, new badges and new stat, engine is a bit diesely but i'm not sure if it's the variator or the tappets. will figure it out soon enough, can't figure how to hotlink so will ust abandon these here. thanks
Was a bit dark so there not great.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well I finally got round to taking a few pic's of my gtv, havem't being doing much on her yet, few little pieces of trim, new badges and new stat, engine is a bit diesely but i'm not sure if it's the variator or the tappets. will figure it out soon enough, can't figure how to hotlink so will ust abandon these here. thanks
Was a bit dark so there not great.

Lovely looking car, have you any service history?
Mine sounded like a rusty old tractor, was horrific, turned out it was the balance belt tensioner.

Is yours noisy all the time, at low revs or high revs?
If you tootle on over to the gtv forum on here, you'll get loads of info.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
The problem that I can see is that usually the variator is done with the timing belt, if the variator is old and is causing the noise chances are the timing belt needs to be done as well.

Does the diesel sound go after the car has warmed up?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The problem that I can see is that usually the variator is done with the timing belt, if the variator is old and is causing the noise chances are the timing belt needs to be done as well.

Does the diesel sound go after the car has warmed up?
have a receipt from ti for variator and belts about 20k and 2 years ago so shouldn't be that but i suppose ye never no,
No doesn't go away but was thinking about putting in a slightly thicker oil in but am worried about oil starvation

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
have a receipt from ti for variator and belts about 20k and 2 years ago so shouldn't be that but i suppose ye never no,
No doesn't go away but was thinking about putting in a slightly thicker oil in but am worried about oil starvation
My advise would be to take it back to TI to get checked out, no point chancing it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts