Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Hello 146cuoio...and welcome to AO.....:)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi there & Welcome! :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
friendly bunch here!

I have a 146 Ti which is a little tatty on the outside but the all important mechanicals are in good order (crosses fingers)

When I got it it had a knackered rad/thermostat plus needed new wishbones on the front. I had the cambelt/variator/water pump/pulleys changed as there was no service history.
It also needed some new rubber all round.
I think I doubled the value of the car when all this work was done! Well, to me anyway

I change the oil and filter regularly, about every 5000 miles (use 10w40 Silkolene)

I realised the previous owner had over tightened the sump plug, a common problem as it shears the thread and leads to a new sump.
What a royal pain in the ass.
I found this out after changing the oil and the plug not tightening properly, drip, drip, drip...
So a fresh load of oil and about 20 miles use, then a repair. The mech simply glued the bolt in position but the oil was lost so in went the expensive mobil 1 15w50 motorsport I had for another stalled project. I now use a Pella pump to change oil in all our cars, great bit of kit as you never have to get under a car again except to reach for the filter which is easy on a 146.

I got a new leather interior for £180 (doorcards and seats all round, bargain!)

All I need now is a decent stereo as this ones ****e.
Not that I listen much as the engine has such a sweet sounding rasp I enjoy revving it!

Anyway. that's it in a nutshell

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts