Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!
I've owned my 155 super for 5 years now and apart from the very odd niggle it has never failed to put a smile on my face. Tis a fantastic tool I think..

However, I had a problem with the clutch pedal yesterday and again today, whereby it sticks down approximately 7/8th of its travel when making a gearchange and will not return unless I flick it with my foot, when it returns smoothly everytime.. Is there a return spring on the pedal which may have broken and is perhaps the cause of this issue? If so where is the best place to get a new one and is it a difficult job to replace.

I have noticed the clutch pedal is not as heavy since this fault surfaced, possibly indicating a spring has failed?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Sondek.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 33 a few years back, I seem to recall it was the master cylinder which was leaking. Welcome to the forum by the way :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO 155er :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys,
Many thanks for the welcome and possible cause of my clutch issue.. No pics yet I'm afraid but will sort some soon.. I'm also looking for suitable 7 or 8 inch wide 17inch multispoke wheels possibly in white to go rather well with Alfa rosso.. I quite like the look of 100 + Monza's anyone know if they're made in a 155 fitment?

Ciao.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry, I meant Slave cylinder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phil155. I guess you mean the anthracite grey 5 spoke Silverstone versions? A bit hard to get hold of these days I should think.

Gary. Thanks I'll get one asap doesn't look a difficult job to change it either..

cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Phil.
Yes I thought those were the one you meant.. Very nice, I do like them very much but I think very difficult to get hold of a good set now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys.
I'm a happy man again. Many thanks to you esp. Gary Slegg. It was indeed the slave cylinder.. £35 from EB spares and approx 1 hrs work . Clutch now back to normal and 155 slaying BMW's again !!!

:D :cheese:

Sondek

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
That's great news, lets hope you now have many miles of trouble free motoring :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts