Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum, came across it on‘t web through Google while searching for references to people using Alfa Giulia's everyday, be it the coupe or the spider.

As you can probably guess by the name I have a Lancia, a 1.3S Fulvia Zagato, and although not my daily transport it as happily taken myself twice to classic Le Mans with no problems. Now I feeling a bit braver and the seemingly higher availability of parts from more than one main supplier is tempting me to think that a Giulia could make a good day to day car. Something that would compliment the Fulvia, with seemingly cheaper and more numerous parts suppliers and be a damn sight better in everyway from the old knackered MGB's many people seem to knock about it!:lol:

What do you guy’s think, am I being mad?:thumbs: Please keep in mind that in general my daily commute would be around 50 miles a day, and the car would have to be used in all weathers. If this seems like a goer which models would you suggest. I’m rather partial to the look of the Duetto spider and step front coupe myself but can see the later coupe’s being more practical as a day to day car. I guess a later spider might be a good proposition for day to day use?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I had a couple of Fulvia Zagatos, back in the 70's. Strange little thing, but with the brilliant V4, it cost retail new more than a Jaguar E type at the time, but almost nothing second hand. But the 1600 lightweight coupe was one of the best handling cars ever in its class.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes its a really good car. Strangle looks from the front three quarter due to the height of the engine, even though it is angled over, and its location in front of the front wheels. I feel the factory coupe looked neater here than zagato's, but who could resist that coach built Italian body, with its almost perfect rear end and its eccentricities and the cracking engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts