Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People inside my computer ;)

My name is Andy and I am from the grimm North East (Yes I bought the car. No I didn't steal it and bring it up here :D ).
I have got (recently) an Alfa 156 2.4 JTD Sportwagon Veloce and oh do I LOVE this car!!
Never had an Alfa before so when a friend offered me the 2 1/2 year old car for a bargain price as he was leaving the country I jumped at the chance. Only had it 3 weeks but I will NEVER look back! I have never had a diesel like this before, sounds amazing with the turbo whirring but as the revs get higher you get to hear the V5. :D :D
The interior is amazing - full leather, Bose stereo with fitted sub, a well thought out dash and performance and handling that puts a lot of petrol cars to shame AND IT'S A DIESEL ESTATE!! Never thought I would see the day I bought one!
All of this in metallic black, oh and now a lovely crease in the bonnet where some youth must have mistaken my car for a step :mad:
Anyway I have waffled enough for today . . . anyone got any handy hints on warranties and if I have to pay £40 so they can tell me that the airbag has a fault (isn't that the purpose of the warning lamp I have illuminated?) . . :mad:
Cheers,
Andy.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Hi Andy, welcoem on board. :) It's great to hear you'«re having such a great time with your "new" Alfa! :)

I bet you're going to take some piccies, sooner or later. If you care to share them with us you'll be waiting... :D

Btw... it's a 5 in line, not a V5. ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops ma bad :( Still, it sounds pretty damn amazing all the same ;)
Thanks for the welcome and yes of course I can share some pics - thats if you don't mind looking at an estate :D (even if it is the sexiest estate I have ever seen - yes I am biased!)

Andy.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome aboard Andy. :)

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Alright Big Red Andy, welcome to Alfa ownership and the AO forum. :)

As the citrus one said Nice to see another Alfa owner and AO forum member from our neck of the woods. ;)

W

·
0 Posts
Welcome Big Red....you don't fight oil well fires do you :confused:

Anyway, welcome to Alfaowner and thanks for spelling it right :D

wrinx

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Welcome to AO, BigRed :)

BigRed said:
...... I can share some pics - thats if you don't mind looking at an estate :D (even if it is the sexiest estate I have ever seen - yes I am biased!).......
We always welcome pics of any Alfa - of course, we are all biased :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
BigRed said:
thats if you don't mind looking at an estate :D
It's not a estate, it's an Alfa. :) That's what maters. :cool:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Welcome to AO Andy :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Welcome to AO BigRed :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
personally I think the sw looks better than the saloon (without wanting to upset anyone :p ).

Very nice wheels, welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I am along those lines as well stuarth. I think the SW looks better than the slaoon's - but thats just my opinion :cool:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I have some webspace I can use for pics, I have the pics BUT when I upload them and then make them viewable they are HUGE!!

I have a 5.2 megapixel Fugi something-or-other (the wifes) and although the pics are quality they are massive. Is there a way I can make a small thumbnail that is a clickable link to the bigger picture?
I have Adobe Photoshop CS but I am a complete novice with it :(
My brother is the genius but he is away in the States.

And I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong area but at the moment I am still getting used to the forum.

Cheers,
Andy.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts

·
Registered
45,472 Posts

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Cheers Kurz. :)

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Willkomen,bien venu, welcome..
Now where are those pictures?? :rant: ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
I haven't got them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts