Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title says, hello!
My name is James Crompton, i live in Maidenhead, U.K. and work as a Hi-Fi service engineer.
At the moment i drive a Peugeot 306, but am picking up my new Alfa tomorrow! Can't wait!
I was at an Alfa dealer with a mate two weeks ago, he was looking at a Fiat they had, and whilst he was on his test drive i fell in love with the 147's! So now, two weeks on i've bought one! It's a 2002, 2.0 TS Lusso in Africa Grey with 17" Super Sports Alloys and full leather interior! As son as i saw it i just had to have it! I went for a test drive last weekend and paid my deposit! What a ride!
I'm going to leave it mostly as standard but would like to change the gear knob. I've read all the posts!!! There doesn't seem to be a definative answer though! I think i may leave it alone if a hacksaw, or worse, an angle grinder is needed!!!!
Well, that's all for now, i look forward to posting some threads and will post some photo's of the car as soon as i can tear myself from the drivers seat!
All the best to you all, James.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well welcome percival :)
Enjoy your stay ;)

p.s.percival from the great book of middle age?? The graal?

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
That's great, James. Welcome on board! :)

Any piccies of your new baby?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO James. Hope you enjoy you new Alfa. :)

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Hello back! And welcome :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the friendly wellcome everyone. :)
Patricia, the "percival" is just what my Brother gives me as a jokey middle name! Sorry, no real meaning! :lol:
All the best, James.

·
Registered
373 Posts
percival007 said:
Thanks for the friendly wellcome everyone. :)
Patricia, the "percival" is just what my Brother gives me as a jokey middle name! Sorry, no real meaning! :lol:
All the best, James.
Percival was a knight of the round table.Maybe your brother thinks you're a knight too... ;) :D

E

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum and alfa ownership. Hope you are having fun with the new toy :cool:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THROTTLEMAN said:
That's great, James. Welcome on board! :)

Any piccies of your new baby?

Sorry it's taken so long but this is the first chance i've had to post some pictures. I've put them in the "Garage" section.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Well done, Perci. :cool:

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Hi Percy. :)

That's a great colour you chose for your 147. It's just a shame you bought the wrong car. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts