Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I am completely new to the world of Alfa Romeo having recently bought my first Alfa. It is the first time I've been excited about owning a car for years.

I bought a 1996 146 1.6 boxer from ebay, it had 1 owner from new and a complete service history and was completley original bar the wheels. I knew the engine needed work but at the purchase price of 155 quid I thought that I was onto a winner.

The engine needed new cams and hydrolic buckets which was a fair expense and although this made the car run properly when it got warm a slight ticking sound could be heard.

After a week of motoring the car is now back in the shop and is having the oil pump replaced for the cost of the part as the garage feels that they let me down with the original quote. They have also replaced the 'main bearing' for free.

Anyway hopefully later this week I should be back on the road enjoying the thoaty noise of the boxer engine minus the ticking.

M

·
0 Posts
welcome to AO dude...hope all goes well and if you can post some pics ....

:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers I'm probably gonna need it with a car of that age.

Here is a photo of me diving in a pool by lake Orta in Italy last year. I haven't got any of the car yet sorry.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello !! :)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello Alfa Male,

Welcome on board!

As you can see I am also a new member (Joined 3 weeks ago) and Already I am quite addicted to the AO Forum. Why?

...Because there is a great expertise, lots of advice and above all the Genuine community of passionate members. It is a Paradise for Alfa Lovers!!

Hope you will enjoy this site as much as I do and you will find answers to your technical questions in the available threads!

Fabrice :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for such a warm welcome, I can see that you are all extremely passionate everything Alfa.

I have found answers to many of my questions in the archives already and I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come.

As with all good forums I sense a real community here and hope to contribute to it as much as I can.

News from the garage is that I should get the car back on Monday or Tuesday, I'll keep you posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts