·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i was hoping some techies could guide me

long story short,...

my 01 147 1.6 tspark went into limp mode, so took it to local dealers

they have put it on diagnostics and say its EITHER the accelerator pedal or the wiring from pedal to the ecu - and im currently waiting for them to get me a price for part/availability and fitting

now...heres the tricky part
im in west republic of ireland, and these guys are the only ones in the west.
firstly, they re charging me 90 euros for 1 hour on diag machine, only for them to tell me it could be 1 of 2 things
sounds a bit odd to me
also,...before i get totally ripped off,....
do the pedals just unbolt, and bolt a replacement in, or do they get programmed etc, or is it a job i could do...and if it is, would this clear the limp mode????

thnaks for any help in advamce

carl

·
Registered
224 Posts
90 euros to tell you that? I just bought a cable and the diagnostics software for less than that.
It takes 2 mins to find out what the fault would be not an hours labour.
I didn't think the 147 had a fly by wire system?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
90 euros to tell you that? I just bought a cable and the diagnostics software for less than that.
It takes 2 mins to find out what the fault would be not an hours labour.
I didn't think the 147 had a fly by wire system?
garages have to make a living somehow,thats their minimum charge to plug in ,alfa do it ford do it and prob every one else:lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alfa tuner....

thanks for that -
if i change the pedal...do you know if it will take it out of limp mode if that is the problem

thanks
carl

·
Registered
224 Posts
garages have to make a living somehow,thats their minimum charge to plug in ,alfa do it ford do it and prob every one else:lol:
Well I went to Alfa in Northampton they wanted to charge half an hours labour.
Theres a fella on here that commended Perrys in Amersham for doing it for free.
Fair enough they should charge something but an hours labour??? Thats a bit much.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alfa tuner

thankyou very much indeed

it says under your avatar, alfa trader..

dont suppose you have a pedal for a 147 do ya

ps.. if the pedal is at fault, changing it will take it out of limp mode WITHOUT going on diagnostics for absolute definate???
thanks muchly
carl

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
alfa tuner

thankyou very much indeed

it says under your avatar, alfa trader..

dont suppose you have a pedal for a 147 do ya

ps.. if the pedal is at fault, changing it will take it out of limp mode WITHOUT going on diagnostics for absolute definate???
thanks muchly
carl
First of all welcome to AO.

Second of all you could PM a user named theredx19 (Dave). He is a an expert when it comes to alfa romeos and he`s from Ireland, also you could post a new thread in our "lounge" called Ireland, and maybe someone will help you out.:)

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brilliant, cheers rob

will put up an ireland post, see how many others lost their mind and bought an alfa...lmao, just kidding

carl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts