Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, bought a '78 1.3 alfasud super in the spring (sorry, no pictures yet, but it is a horrible 70's mustardy beige colour). First alfa for many years, used to have sprint veloce, but having grown older can appreciate the handling of the sud without the power and thirst of the 1.5 twin carb engine; the 1.3 is still plenty fast enough and fun to drive - much nicer than the 205 which i will put back on the road for the winter salt (if only alfa had used the same steel quality as peugeot....) Just been looking at the alfa wave thread, no interest from newer alfa owners round this way (forest of dean and monmouthshire), but did get a wave from mgb gt in usk the other week. Look out for me if you're about my way, Al

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Hello.

As as word of welcome and advice, try not to let Rick hear you talking about horrible mustard colours -- at least not if you value the health of your ankles. ;) :D

In penance you're going to be required to post pictures ASAP. ;)
--Toronto

·
Registered
557 Posts
Alfaguy said:
The sud seems to be getting even more popular around here lately - welcome and good luck with it. :)
hi af,

are you keeping the alfasud you had on ebay? hope you are:D

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Welcome to AO. :D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :) 1.3 Sud is where I started..... :D

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Toronto Spider said:
Hello.

As as word of welcome and advice, try not to let Rick hear you talking about horrible mustard colours -- at least not if you value the health of your ankles. ;) :D

--Toronto
Thanks Toronto - on so many levels, really!!
:rolleyes: :cheese: :p ;)
Have I ever mentioned my car is ochre? A sort of lustrous, deep, succulent golden orange reminiscent of a Scandinavian mermaid draping her long hair over buried treasure.
:cool:

There is no mustard in that image. Not even as a side order, so don't even think it!
:rant: :tut: :lol: :D

However, ;) I will concede that there was a particularly unpleasant shade of Piper Yellow used in the late 60s, early 70s which was way beyond mustard, but each to their own!
:D
Alfisti regards to all Piper Yellow drivers!
http://www.classicalfa.com/cars/2000 gtv mmt8l.htm
:eek:

Welcome to AO, Al!
:)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
alchemicalover said:
Just posted some pictures in the gallery. Taken on my phone so quality not tops. Al
Thanks for those - I like it. The rubber inserts on the bumpers are not standard are they? They look very chunky to me - but look nice as well.

How's the interior?:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
welcome!

thank you for the pics, good luck with the restore.

i know my eyesight aint the best, but it doesn't appear to be a mustard colour to me.

more of a hearing aid beige, discoloured by ear wax:lol:

;) ;)

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
RicksAlfas said:
:rolleyes: :cheese: :p ;) :)
Defending the honour of '70s mustard is a noble cause, and we all know that one of the most effective ways of impairing a driver is to cause a leg/foot/ankle injury. Take out the ankle, and you take out the ability to use the clutch, etc. It gets passionate drivers where they hurt the most.

My comments were made only in praise of your skills as a noble ochre warrior and defender of the faith. Anything read into them beyond my original intent is the fault of the reader, not the writer. As always, my intentions were perfectly pure. :)

;)

:cheese:
--Toronto

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
RicksAlfas said:
:rolleyes: :cheese: :p ;)
Have I ever mentioned my car is ochre? A sort of lustrous, deep, succulent golden orange reminiscent of a Scandinavian mermaid draping her long hair over buried treasure.
:cool:

There is no mustard in that image. Not even as a side order, so don't even think it!
:rant: :tut: :lol: :D

However, ;) I will concede that there was a particularly unpleasant shade of Piper Yellow used in the late 60s, early 70s which was way beyond mustard, but each to their own!
Alfisti regards to all Piper Yellow drivers!
http://www.classicalfa.com/cars/2000 gtv mmt8l.htm
:eek:

Welcome to AO, Al!
:)
Rick, I'm tempted to nickname your Alfa the "Grey Poupon"... :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alfaguy said:
Thanks for those - I like it. The rubber inserts on the bumpers are not standard are they? They look very chunky to me - but look nice as well.

How's the interior?:)
Don't know about the bumper inserts, I'm not an expert on sud history. Mainly bought the car to drive it. There is a little rust coming through but I hope to be able to keep patching this up for a summer or two and then strip the car down for a full restoration and respray.

The seats are quite worn, covers through on both front seat backs on the outer sides by the doors and top of the back seat gone, apart from this the interior is pretty tidy.

Should make a nice car when restored, apart from the colour but I think I'd like to keep it original. Did I say its only got 36k miles on the clock, plenty of old MOTs to back this up.

Getting the bug again though; does anyone know if there are still any alfetta saloons about? My mate used to have a 1.8 many years ago - lovely car!

Al

1 - 20 of 20 Posts