Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't figure out how to post a question!
I have a 147 1.9 Mjet jtd 05 alfa.
Thermostat replaced last night, temp still rising after driving although sits at 90° when idle now. Any ideas? Not too technical. I'm admittedly very girlie! ?

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
90 is normal.

Certainly my 10v takes an age to warm up if it is in traffic. Driven briskly, it takes about 2 miles. If you're getting heat from the heater and the temperature sticks at something like 90 when warmed up, it's fine.

·
Registered
2003 Spider 3.0 V6 24v Lightning Blu
2,281 Posts
Agree with rxe. My 147 Mjet sticks about half way up the gauge as a rule. The gauge should start to move within about 5 minutes of stop start driving even on a cool day (That's a cool Johannesburg winters day) Once it's upto 90 degrees it should stick to that pretty much all the time until turned off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, perhaps I haven't made it clear that it's not sticking at 90°. It's still rising when driven. However have since had it looked at and it's infact the water pump that's goosed. Both it and cam belt being replaced this week.... so I can forget the shoes I wanted to buy from this month's pay!

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,362 Posts
Ah, perhaps I haven't made it clear that it's not sticking at 90°. It's still rising when driven. However have since had it looked at and it's infact the water pump that's goosed. Both it and cam belt being replaced this week.... so I can forget the shoes I wanted to buy from this month's pay!
You sound just like my daughter .. "Cars are boring, shoes are shiny!" ;-)

But if it was the pump you will be able to buy shoes again rather than spending all your money on that new engine you would have needed (or engine rebuild at least!).

When the 1.9 water pump goes it takes out the cambelt and then things come together that shouldn't!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. Pump and cam belt replaced and Gino is running sweet once again :)
I do fly often to sunnier climates, but stick to whichever airline offers the cheapest flights haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts