Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forums told me to make an "introduce yourself" post so here i am ;)

Dont have an alfa, but am looking at a 146 as a replacement for my wife's 106 as she wants something bigger. Looking at the prices on autotrader, they are a lot cheaper than the Focuses we have been looking at (parkers says £1300 for a 2001 1.6!).

Im trying to find some technical information on the 146 (bhp, 0-60, mpg etc) but the search engines arent finding me much :( I'm thinking the 1.6 or maybe the 1.8.

I currently drive a 306 GTi-6 myself. So Alfa and its reputation on reliability is something Im used to with driving a Peugeot. Not to mention Im used to hearing about cambelt changes :) Im not looking for something to beat this car, my wife would probably be more happy the less I wanted to drive hers :D.

Anyway - hi and if someone can pass me some advice that would be awesome

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Hi Justin, welcome to AO. :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, welcome to AO Justin :D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Hi Justin,
great to hear you're considering an Alfa for the stable. My wife's 145 was smashing so we bought a 147 to replace it. We prefered the look of the 145 to the 146 and the dogs preferred a hatch to being in a boot! The 1.6TS is a perfect entry level car with 120bhp. Early 145/146 had the flat four motor foorm the 33 (1.7 actually), from about '97 (roughly) they went over to the 1.6-2.0l in-line Twin-Spark. The 2-litre gives 155bhp from memory and is notably thirstier but perhaps a bit smoother thanks to balancer shafts. I can go on and on but thats not what 'intro' is about. We should continue in an appropriate lounge. Reckon we should post resumes of the models somewhere so this doesn't get repeated all the time. What do you moderators think? Perhaps done it already and I'm just stupid! Might call it "Meet the Models".

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Just noticed an 80,000ml 146 for sale in Reading on this site for a miserly figure. On looking for it to creat a link I couldn't spot it again though, have a hunt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kind welcome :)

Looking at Alfas has made me appreciate them more. The only time Ive ever noticed one is when I nearly got run off the road by one cutting me up after Traffic Lights GP :eek: ;)

I dont think we are going to go for the 146 as every single person Ive talked with thinks it will explode into a million pieces as soon as we get in it and I think she is starting to believe people. My wife think I just want her to buy it so that I can drive it so its looking like we are going to get a focus :rolleyes:

But who knows - when its time for me to get something different I might be back :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts