Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
GTV, '96, 2.0V6 TB
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in process of achieving certified Petrolhead status.

I'm at the early stages of acquiring my first Alfa Romeo - It only took 59 years to see the light. I am a car guy - to the point where I get paid to drive some fun toys.

I expect to ask a whole bunch of newb style questions and to be told often to use the search function. You'll be gentle with me though, right?

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Hello,

I am in process of achieving certified Petrolhead status.

I'm at the early stages of acquiring my first Alfa Romeo - It only took 59 years to see the light. I am a car guy - to the point where I get paid to drive some fun toys.

I expect to ask a whole bunch of newb style questions and to be told often to use the search function. You'll be gentle with me though, right?
What are you getting?

·
Registered
GTV, '96, 2.0V6 TB
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you getting?
Looking at a 1996 GTV TB.

It has issues - needs a speedo sensor and an airbag before it can be certified in Ontario. Apparently the sensor is now a unicorn.....

·
Administrator
88,400 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Looking at a 1996 GTV TB.

It has issues - needs a speedo sensor and an airbag before it can be certified in Ontario. Apparently the sensor is now a unicorn.....
It sounds like it could be another AR 'gem'. Good luck. Post some pictures if you decide to move forward.

·
Registered
GTV, '96, 2.0V6 TB
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pulled the trigger, picking it up hopefully this afternoon.

The (used car) dealer does not want to do the work to sort the items required for certification in Ontario and so dropped the price by 25%.

Wish me luck .......

·
Registered
GTV, '96, 2.0V6 TB
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts