Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody

Well I'm new to the AO forum so I'm following the code and just introducing myself. As you'll see the user name is Jengasan....don't ask, but I have this on a couple of other forums that I'm on so it saves me getting confused in my advancing years :D I also answer to Al...which is the name my mummy gave me all those centuries ago.

As you'll see I've acquired a 2003 Alfa 147 2.0 TS Selespeed and, it being an Alfa, I thought it was a pretty good idea to join the forum here. I've got a couple of other petrol powered gadgets and am on forums pertaining to them which have proved to be really helpful, a laugh and a way to 'pass it forward' so to speak....as you get to know a few tricks when you've been getting oily as long as I have.

Basically my Alfa was destined for the great race track in the sky due to several factors including a really ropey gearbox. It belonged to a mate and I had worked on it a few times for him and, well, I just couldn't live with myself it it had been cut up. It very much fell in to the 'not financially viable to repair' category. So we did a deal....I sold my range rover (didn't need it anymore) and picked up the Alfa....well, It's a bit of a laugh isn't it said I :D

To be honest, I just wanted a temporary smallish runabout .....then I drove it...I mean really drove it....oh dear. Think roller skate with a big engine....I got kinda hooked :D

So here I am, I'm calling it project ebay for now as I promised myself I wouldn't do anything daft with money and am collecting all the wee bits I need to bring the car back up to scratch from said tinternet source. I'm getting there on the 'aesthetic' bits and I suppose I'd now better get my behooky in gear and get some spannering done...especially on that gear box. No biggy for those interested by the way....knackered synchro rings on 2-3-4.

Anyway....I sense I'm rambling...which I'm prone to do so beware :lol: so I'll leave it at....glad to be here, Alfa's are a hoot and I hope I can be of help, eventually, as well as getting some from you guys (having read through quite a few posts already....I suspect I will be needing quite a bit and learning loads).

Cheers

AL :D

G

·
Welcome‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░R░O░M░E░O░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★

·
Administrator
88,425 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slange ;)

I'm up there all the time....my mate lives near Bonar, we shall see when the Alfa is up to the twists of the A82 route to the sneckie

Cheers

Al

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes guys

forum is great so far...I've probably fixed 3 issues just by reading rather than posting so far....

cheers everybody

Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts