Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Although I've been reading the forums for some time, I've never participated yet. I wanted to jump in, so I guess I should introduce myself first.

I write from Spain and own a MY2008 Misano Blue 2.4(210) Brera I'm in love with.

The idea of trading for a 3.2 Q4 has been around for some time, but still just that, an idea. I'd feel like betraying my beloved :lol: (and I guess the € loss due to the second-hand prices imposed by the crisis will be extremely high).

Anyway, hello everyone!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Welcome to AO:) Keep the 2.4, it is an Italian engine!
Thanks for the advise! That's what I'm going to do for the moment, and I agree the 2.4JTD is a terrific beast on its own. I love its punch and how you have to work your way through the gearbox keeping the revs a little high if you want to get the most out of it. Definitely one of the better diesel engines out there, and if I keep it, I'll probably be remapping it in a year or so when the guarantee expires.

But sometimes I miss the sound of a petrol engine and the smoothness of an atmosferic one. The 3.2 (while coming from Australia), seems to be a very "modern" option, with a flexible response. Additionally, I wouldn't mind having AWD, and by the way, I would have fitted my 2.4 with Q4 hands down if there was such an option. I don't understand why they offer it for the 159 but not for the Brera.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts