Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just signed up.

My name is Marius Sorteberg, 36 years old, live in Oslo with wife and two daughters. Bit by the Alfa-bug in -89 (GTV6), and never been cured. I lost the complete track of the Alfa's I have had, but I remember two GTV6, tree GTV 2.0 (transaxle), Sprint Veloce 1.5 (boxer), some Sud's, -59 2000 Spider, -77 Spider 1600 Junior.

Now I have a -75 Montreal, and a 155 2.0 16v Sport (widebody). The 155 was bought last Sunday with defect engine (bottom end), and a link from the Norwegian Alfa forum brought me here.

I'm not sure if a rebuild of the engine, or a complete swap of a newer engine will be best. The cylinderhead has gone thru some work, just before the bearing on cyl. no. 2 started to rotate on the crank. New inletcam, pushers, variator with bearing, belt, tensioner was replaced.

One option will be to buy a car for speares in UK and drive it home. It is very few widebodys in Norway, and mine is the only 2.0 (as far as I know).

I'll check the price for crank grinding this week.

-- Gopp

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello Goop,

Welcome on board!

As you can see I am also a new member (Joined 2 weeks ago) and Already I am quite addicted to the AO Forum. Why?

...Because there is a great expertise, lots of advice and above all the Genuine community of passionate members. It is a Paradise for Alfa Lovers!!

Hope you will enjoy this site as much as I do!

Fabrice :D

P.S. Love the 155, please upload pictures ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome!

This is some pics. from tha last owner. The wheels did not go with the car, otherwise it looks like this now.

-- Gopp

·
Registered
24,519 Posts
Hi Gopp,

Welcome to AO. Nice looking 155. I hope you sort her out. Enjoy the forum.

Jim

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello !! :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome Gopp, lovely Alfas you have :cool:

·
Registered
292 Posts
gopp said:
Thanks for the warm welcome!

This is some pics. from tha last owner. The wheels did not go with the car, otherwise it looks like this now.

-- Gopp
Thanks Gopp!

Cool pictures for a cool car.

can't stop thinkin': this Red is absolutely Gorgeous on all Alfas (except the 166 maybe).

Fabrice

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Her is a minor update on the progress.

My daily driver, a 2000 Punto 60 SX, are ready for it's MOT tomorrow. When it's passed it goes to a dealer in commision. I hope to get 6k for it (prices are bit higher here in Norway :)), and that gives me money to put the 155 back on the road. I might buy a complete car in UK, and drive it home.

Do you know if the 2.0 TS 16V went thru some changes over the years. I know the I.E. had an upgrade in -97 (plastic intake), but is it anything else?

-- Gopp

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Nice pics :)
And welcome :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts