Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I am an Alfa owner for a couple of months now. Fell in love with my colleague's V6 156 after driving it for a single day. About a month later I bought myself a red 156 with a 2.5 V6. It wasn't in mint condition, but the necessities were addressed.
There are still tons of little things to do, but in general the car's OK and I couldn't be happier. Every time I drive it, I have a smile on my face because of the feel and the sound of the car. It's not much as far as looks go, but I hope to address that vary soon.

By the way, I wasn't the first one to fall for Alfas because of my aforementioned colleague. So now we have 3 Alfas parked every day in our work place. :D

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Welcome!

But what do you mean the car is "not much as far as looks go"? The 156 in standard, unmolested from, is one of the best (to me, the best) four door sedan designs ever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In its stock form, yes it is one of the most gorgeous things to look at.
But on mine there is a huge wing on the back, which I personally don't like; a patch of sticker bomb on the front bumper; bit of rust spreading on the front wings because the tires were rubbing on the insides because the previous owner was using tires a bit too big. The whole paint job looks a little tired. And I don't like the wheels, but all of that is for the future to fix. :)

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
In its stock form, yes it is one of the most gorgeous things to look at.
But on mine there is a huge wing on the back, which I personally don't like; a patch of sticker bomb on the front bumper; bit of rust spreading on the front wings because the tires were rubbing on the insides because the previous owner was using tires a bit too big. The whole paint job looks a little tired. And I don't like the wheels, but all of that is for the future to fix. :)
Aha good! :thumbup:

If it's that huge Zender wing spoiler, then you're right - without it the car looks better. Even the smaller spoiler, or just that bootlid lip, doesn't look good to me. There's a reason why the GTA model was released without a spoiler, I think!

Someone might want to buy that spoiler from you once you remove it, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aha good! :thumbup:

If it's that huge Zender wing spoiler, then you're right - without it the car looks better. Even the smaller spoiler, or just that bootlid lip, doesn't look good to me. There's a reason why the GTA model was released without a spoiler, I think!

Someone might want to buy that spoiler from you once you remove it, though.
Yes, clean look is the proper look. :thumbup:
Not sure if it is the one You mean, but anyway I don't like it.
I still have to figure a good way to remove it though. A few of the screws are rusted on and won't come out. From my attempts to undo them the screw slots are unusable. Been thinking of simply drilling the screws out, but I'm afraid that might damage either the trunk or the spoiler.

Attachments

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts