Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum as my reader is set to daily send me all new links that show-up on the Alfa 4C.

I haven't been this excited since I got my Audi TT in 2000. I know maybe not much now but back then it was a leap forward in design.

It has almost everything i could hope for:

-Italian racing heritage
-mid engine car
-double clutch transmission

(only thing missing is a flat 6 or 12) :rolleyes:

I'm waiting nervously for the final version to be unveiled and, of course, the final US price. If it undercuts the Cayman S I will be in for sure. But if its priced like the Evora I will wait a few years till its used.

I'm will be stunned if the inside's looks like it currently does. BTW What is that large aluminum cyclnder wedge between the two seats with tubing coming into it...(flux capicitor, arm from a Terminator, futuristic cappuccino maker)

I'm also curious what will chnages will be made to this beauty so it can pass crash tests in the US.

Well it'll be a fun year and a half & I'm looking forward to lots of news on the this forum.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I'm will be stunned if the inside's looks like it currently does. BTW What is that large aluminum cyclnder wedge between the two seats with tubing coming into it...(flux capicitor, arm from a Terminator, futuristic cappuccino maker)

Regards,

George
I'm pretty sure it's either a flux capacitor, or a retro encabulator.

We are all nervously anticipating the 4C. Welcome to AO! :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

The 4C is highly anticipated, lets all hope it turns into the dream Alfa we have all so waited for :thumbs:

Salute, Giordano.

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO.......the 4C is a truely beautiful car......:thumbs:

P

·
0 Posts
Howzit George and welcome to AO

Another 4C nut here...

Okay with regards to the changes to be made to the final production version, there was an interview with the head designer and he commented on some of the changes:

1. Headlights will look different, the blue sliver around the beam wont be there (but looking at the teaser image released on the 4C facebook page it looks like its still there)
2. The "petal" style rear lights will change too... Though I think it would be a mistake to change that. It looks awesome. The rear lights will remain round tho.
3. The seats are currently part of the body so it cant be moved backwards or forwards. This will change so one can atleast move the seats a bit
4. The door handle which is currently part of the air intake will move as this interveres with the actual air intake
5. The "pilot" style dash will definitely change. It is said to take up way to much space.

From the top of my head those are the changes that the head designer of the 4C mentioned in an interview.

Price will be aimed at just the Cayman and not even the Cayman S.

Hope you guys in the States gets this as the first Alfa back in the US (apart from a few 8C's thats driving around there).

As for the engine, it might only be a 1.750l turbo engine but it kicks out 235bp and pulls like a train. And in such a light car it will be spectacular.

Check these links out:

Alfa 4C - Alfa Romeo Forum

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motoring-images/280392-high-res-photos-4c-2.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts