Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just joined so I can chat to someone about my Selespeed 156. A great car but it's jumped out of gear once or twice and stuck once. I hope to chat sonn and best wishes.

Jim

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to the site :)

M

·
0 Posts
welcome to AO m8... lets see if we can sort out ur gear change problems...

:) :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Mike,

Guest Alfa Romeo in Solihull state Examiner may help with the problem. The car is 6 years old now and they insist a cam belt change is due. With a service it's a cool £750... I've done 15k miles since last service.
The gear can jump out in low gears when on the move. Once when parked, I could select no gear at all. After 2 hours and moving it back and forward and praying, it finally selected gear and I could leave B&Q followed home by a helpful but somewhat bemused AA man.
I will check level of fluid on the right of engine to see if actuator is leaking. Guest say if it is, £1,000 to £2,500 will be the damage to my summer for new actuator.
Any thoughts will be very much appreciated.

Regards, Jim

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Welcome to AO! :D

I can't help you with your problem, but we have several members here that can, count on it. :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Rather than use Guests who can be very expensive try & get the car to one of the independents around I use WAD in Wolverhampton it's a bit of a trek but Willy really does know what he is doing & has the examiner system.
It does sound like a lack of hydraulic pressure in the system check the fluid 1st which should be done with the ignition on engine not running if this is ok then the examiner is the way to go

WAD
3 WATERSIDE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
ETTINGSHALL ROAD
WOLVERHAMPTON WV2 2RQ
01902 401 711
01902 497 744 (fax)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts