Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thought I better introduce myself before I start asking questions!

I'm not an Alfa man myself, although rather like them. My vehicles of choice are Land Rovers, having owned loads of them at one point and now down to 3. My Alfa fanship comes form my Godfather working for Alfa when I was a kid and my Alfa cap that I was inseperable from.

My dad has had a S3 Spyder for a few years now. 2 years ago I had to replace the spare wheel well, front valance and plate under the front (can't remember what it's called, it's a new language to me!). Last year it went for MOT and came back with lots of yellow crayon on it.

I started investigating the rot (I'm used to old Range Rovers with sills like swiss cheese) and found more than the MOT man did. Have bought to fit: both floor panels, rear skirt, drivers lower front/rear wings, passenger outer sill, driver all sills and jacking points.

I'm in the process of doing the drivers side (floorpan removed, doorframe braced and all sill panels cut out) and will duly post up some pics of where I'm at and scratching my head about.

Cheers

Elliott:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
Hello Elliot and welcome to AO....:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks (albeit late!) for all the greetings.

It's been a while and things have progressed pretty well so far.

Started off with the drivers side as it was the worst.

Now done all the 3 sill sections on drivers side. Also the front wing between door and wheel, rear wings, rear valance, rear pasenger quarter and drivers floorpan. Now starting on passenger side sill, it's a bit more rotten than I was hoping!

I'll put up a new post with some pics of the build so far.

Cheers

Elliott

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
:cool: Hello and welcome to AO :thumbs:

Enjoy and have fun ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, as I don't have enough posts up yet to put up pics, heres a link to so far on photobucket.

It's come a long way, drivers 3 silll sections, floorpan, lower outer wings front and rear, inner arches front and rear all done.

Also replaced rear valance, done huge repairs to passenger sill, inner arches, floorpan.

Now left to do, passenger outer lower wings , tops of both wings by windscreen, anti roll bar mounts, then that is it ( I hope!)

Pictures by foxclassics - Photobucket

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Looks like you've had your work cut out for you there Elliot! I know that Alfasintheblood on here is also in the middle of a spider resto. Might be worth talking to him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts