Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas,

I wanted to say a friendly hello. Im new to the board having recently invested in a 156 v6.

I bought it from someone who lived in the region so it may well have been 'spotted' before, who knows.

I will no doubt see a few of you guys on the roads and will try and update the 'spotted' thread accordingly.

Im loving the Alfa, only had her about 5 weeks. Ive had to fork out some cash already but for the price which I paid I cant grumble and expected to have to invest in her to keep her in good nick.

The issues I have so far:

* Front brakes were terrible and upon inspection the inner pads were barely making any contact with the discs. Got this sorted immediately - discs and pads replaced. It is now far better

* The wing mirror mounts were badly corroded as usual - bought some treated ones and fitted these today.

* Ive replaced the badge on the front but also bought a debadged grill. Im in a quandry deciding which to use.

* There is a annoying creaking from the offside front wheel when going over a slight bump(which i think will be a bush but not sure) Had them greased but didnt do any good. Next option is to replace the lower wishbone.

* Im very tempted to remove the badges and stickers from the rear (obviously leaving the boot lock badge).

She is a lovely car and driving on long journeys is suddenly so much more bearable. I hope to attend some meets in the near future. :)

Cheers

Neil.

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hello Squire, welcome to the mad house

I do love that colour with the tan moo, yum yum. :)

At risk of thread hijacking, but what's the best method of debadging/ stickering so as to leave the paint unblemished?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hello mate, as you can see there's plenty of South North Easterners down your way! You're in good company.:thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts