Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Just wanted to introduce myself.

I own a 02 147 and up until last week was in love with my car. However 8 days ago my engine just died on me and I did the most obvious thing, I tried to restart.

Turns out the cam belt had gone and the minute I turned the key I virtually destroyed most of my upper engine. :cry: I have always used a local family run garage (one out of warrenty) as the Alfa dealer in Preston, Lancashire is aweful. I have had the car from new and always found the alfa dealers service poor at best. Hence I only started using the local garage last year.

Should get the car back in the next few days but the expense grates.:rant:

The good news is it got me researching my Alfa and I found this site.

Anyway that is my problems unloaded. Hello to you all.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Hi Gregheath,

Sorry to hear about your cambelt problems - as said before it's an all to common problem with the TS engines...

On the bright side Caledonia are supposed to have lost their Sales franchise although they may still be doing service only - personally I'd not touch a service only franchise as they have no incentive and will still be a main dealer for some other brand - guess which gets their focus...

Simes

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hi Greg, gutted for ya, :cry:
......but she'll be just like new when you get her back :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Simes

Thanks for the info. Do you know any good dealers around here ie Preston/Lancashire way??

I need a new key/spare and belive I nned to use the alfa dealers to get one?

Any word idea on price?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts