Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered as a new member, and want to a ask a question straight away if thats okay. I have a 2001 156 2.0 TS, on a 51 plate, in black... nice car. It is coming up to 5 years old and just over 50, 000 miles. Having head some horror stories about cam belts I think it is about time I had it changes, but realise that I need to have the tensioner, idler, balance shaft belt and its tensioner changed. Not sure if I need to have the vraiator changed as a matter of course. Also will need a 5 year 60,000 mile service, which is the one where the 8 plugs are changed. Last year I took the car to a main dealer and they wanted to charge for unnecessay work. After it had been seviced I took it elsewhere and half of the stuff didn't need doing. I now need to find a decent honest garage to have the work carried out at. I live in Halesowen, which is just south of Birmingham. Does nayone know of a good garage that knows about Alfa's. I saw Jamie Porters site on the web. Does anyone know if his place is reputable. I don't mind a bit of a drive to find the right place. Sorry to go on abit on my first post.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi phil155.... I keep looking at the screen waiting for someone to answer my question. I suppose it will take a bit longer than that.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Welcome to AO. Stick around. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the great welcome. I think I'm going to stick around. I've already learnt a lot about my Alfa from reading other threads on the forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts