Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2003 BMW 330D Sport automatic, as it's done a little over 66k miles I'm in the process of changing. Since buying the car I've had a son who is now 2 and we have another on the way in june.

To cut a long story short, I've tried numerous cars but found the 159 2.4 JTDm sportwagon great to drive, fast, good on the MPG and great looking. So the question is, should I buy one or not?

Now I don't know if an Alfa forum is the most unbiased of sources, but at least you guys (and girls?) will know what you're talking about:) .

So if any of you fancy helping out, I'd be really grateful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS. Sorry not to introduce myself properly and jump straight in with the questions. It's lunchtime and I'm in a hurry.

Thanks.;)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

If it involves trading a BMW for an Alfa.... don't think about it mate, just do it !! :p ;) :D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Can't really argue with that, would you rather wear sunglasses and spats or Lederhosen? OK I admit I was very attached to my ledehosen when I was ten; in more ways than one they were too small for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help.

That was pretty much the response I was both hoping for and expecting.

Bigfoot, the reliability is my only sticking point really, and I've heard a lot of good things about the improved levels of newer Alfas.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome Gareth, I'm sure a 159 will do you proud :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I've just done similar to you but slightly more radical - traded my 18mth old Merc C270Cdi estate with 30k miles for a ex demo 147JTDm and a (non-Alfa) MPV. I don't use the MPV so can't comment on it but the Alfa gives me more smiles per mile than anything I've driven - it's actually like being in a car rather than a computer. So far I'm 9k miles into the relationship (in 5 months) and she's yet to let me down. No doubt I'm tempting fate but I'm converted.

·
Super Moderator
60,035 Posts
Hi Gareth, glad you found us, congrats on the baby on the way and the 2 year old. lots of fun, bit tiring, but fun:) You'll get great info on this site, hope it helps you out with your decision. Cheers:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts