Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have been visiting those forums for sometime now anf finding your contributions very useful and interesting. I have just decided to take the plunge and register and perhaps sontribute to the general knowledge sometimes.

Main reason for visiting this time is the fact that I have finally tired of the increasing rattles from the front, mainly left, of my 2001 2.5 V6 Sportwagon. I'll try to determine tomorrow if t is upper or lower wishbone or the roll bar link. I suspect a wishbone efter studying the noise for some time now. Also, the damper in the same corner is leaking and might have something to do with the noise, but I doubt that it's only that.

So any suggestion for front dampers would be welcome. The current one have been hand-rebuilt when almost new and uprated to stiffer (mostly rebound) charecteristics, but obviously one has developed a leak. I am thinking of the H-B kit from EB Spares (but they only sell the full set of four) or a pair of Bilsteins (Sport or Sprint) or the FK coilovers or... aah, too many options and not enough information.

Also today, my brother called to tell my that the 1.6 TS in his 147 wore out the thrust washers(?) on the camshaft which was then floating back to front, resulting in an oil leak and a damaged crankshaft. Anyone heard about this problem and what might have caused it?

Anyway, sorry about this long hello and looking forward to chatting with you all in the future.
Cheers
Dionisis

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts