Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Unfortunately my first post here was a plea for help so i thought i would introduce myself properly. Up until recently, i drove a Citroen BX 16v which i love to bits but is now becoming a bit old and noisy for the daily commute and needs a bit of welding work and freshening up so it has come off the road for some care and attention. I have always fancied myself an alfa and as i needed something with boot space equal to the bx for carrying my mountain bike about in and also somethign more economical, it had to be a 156 sportwagon or a GT. I have since found the boot space isn't great for an estate, but its big enough for my needs and my god, does it look good with it! The economy also isn't up to much but i couldn't care less because every mondeo/A4/boring euro box driver wishes they had a car that was involving to drive and as gorgeous to look at as my 156 and that makes it all worth it, as you guys already know im sure.

The perfect 156 came up at the right price (it was advertised on pistonheads so some of you may have seen it already) and i'm pleased to say i am definitely hooked on this car. Ive owned it for all of two weeks so far and i love it as much as my BX, which, for me is a big achievement for a 'modern' car. Im not a fan of modern stuff and this is the first car that has won me over, and a diesel at that!

I have found that it IS true what they say about alfas regarding electrical issues, but they have all been funny minor faults and nothing too serious up until this morning and now my car will not start, but we'll leave that for the technical section. Fortunately all the good bits massively outweigh the negatives and the car has been a joy to own so far.

So here she is, my new pride and joy post wash:

And also a pic of my other baby:

Sim

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO......:thumbs:
Nice intro and great photos......the Citroen looks mint.....

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO.
Nice intro and congratulations on the good looking 156.
On another note, take care of the BX. It deserves to be taken care of.
Enjoy the forum. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts