Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Been hovering round the site for a while now without officially joining. Felt it was about time I did and said hi and thanks, as these forums helped me make a decision.....

Just put a deposit down on a GT 1.9 JTDm 170 Q2 Cloverleaf - Atlantico Blue :)

Hopefully a nice upgrade from my 04 reg Vauxhall Astra 1.8 SRI!

Pick it up on Saturday. Will be posting some questions on the dedicated forums I'm sure.

Thanks,

dalyboy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I hope it turns out to be a reliable car too. Am a little weary of the 'pub tales' told of Alfa's by (what mainly appears to be) owners of German car marques.

My take is it has gotta be better (overall) than the Astra, right? :D

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Welcome aboard :D

The pub story tellers have never owned Alfa's ;)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO......:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Sounds like a lovely car. Would it be from Second City in Brum?? Got mine from there.
Noticed that one of the blue Cloverleafs has sold...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, yes from Second City. Nice blokes to deal with, others agree it seems based on what has been said about them.

Had my eye on a black one initially, but then this came up. Looks good in all colours I think, blue perhaps a little bit more 'flash'. Took it for a decent test drive last weekend and it felt good :) Handling was pretty sharp. Gear stick a bit high but can live with it.

Picked it up today - haven't done much driving yet, tomorrow should be decent motorway run. Bulk of my miles will be motorway too be honest.

Must admit I am a bit paranoid though, any rattle or creak and it bugs me... probably because I want it to be perfect, i guess i just need to lighten up and just enjoy it - its a used car after all!

Just had a play with the sound/entertainment system - it came with Pioneer AVIC-D3 already fitted and it's a pretty good unit, BOSE speakers not bad either.

I do think the first upgrade may be to get some xenon headlights fitted.

I'm glad so far I went with an Alfa in the end, there seems to be a real sense of community.

Cheers all :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Dont start with the worrying about rattles and squeaks! It took me 3 months to track down every single rattle in the GT! It all seems quiet now, but I'm sure it will chirp up again soon........finger crossed.....

All part of the great GT owning experience. There are a few niggles and annoyances to put up with, but the rest of the experience is well, well worth it. Use the Bose for its actual intended purpose, to drown out the rattles!

Just had another look at your new car on the SC web site, it looks a cracker. Hope you have many, many good miles from it.
As for the guys at SC, I would, and probably will, buy another car from them. Have found them to be honest, reliable and to their word. Not many second hand car dealers can say that.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Welcome into AlfaOwner :wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts