Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have only very recently entered into the world of Alfa ownership, purchasing a 156 2.5 less than a week ago. After struggling through with a Porsche 944 for the past five or so years (I was scared to take it out, as every time I did, something else went wrong with it!) I decided to get a more modern car, but still something a bit different from the norm, and also with a bit of go in it, so that's why I went Alfa!

Now the not so good part.

I have just had a rather harrowing few minutes of trying toget my new
pride and joy to start, as the dash kept on informing me of 'code' with ayellow picture of a key above it. I have referred to the owner's manual, but it's not very clear - is this something that I can sort out myself, or will the keys and the car (if it will start) have to have a rather premature visit to an Alfa dealer? Any help would be much appreciated by an Alfa Noob.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply

Yes, I tried the other key, which worked fine the fist time I tried it, but it unfortunately appears to have developed the same fault.

I'l give theAlfahelp linea call tomorrow, and I'll let youall know the outcome incase it happens to someone else!

·
Premium Member
77,051 Posts
ok - sometimes these things are intermittent

occasionally mine does it (always starts eventually) - the local dealer can run a diagnostic (might be 40 quid or so)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

I have just called Kinghams re the CODE warning light and they have advised me to take my reg docs in to them so that a code key can be sent for and a diagnostic check can be run on my car.

I've not even had the car for a week yet; could somebody please reasure me that Alfa ownership isn't always this fraught.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just realised this thread should be on the supported models forum and not this one - sorry all, I'll continue it there.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Zoso said:
I've not even had the car for a week yet; could somebody please reasure me that Alfa ownership isn't always this fraught.
In my experience Alfa ownership is no more fraught with unserviceabilities etc. than any other car I've owned.

The real difference is that Alfa's (as with many Italian cars) provide character & driver satisfaction to such an extent that we tend to bond more readily with them and therefore worry & fret over every problem, however minor, either real or imagined, as if the car was a loved and cherished member of the family.... which of course it is ;) :)

Welcome to Alfa Ownership :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts