Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just joined your forum having bought my first Alfa last weekend - a 1999 Spider 2.0 Twin spark in red. Called her bella (I know - its not very original !!)

Already got the AR bug after years of being a Merc driver but had enough of their lack of service and deteriorating build quality. Been a MB forum user for years and hope you guys are as good - certainly seems so!!

First problem is that the mot is due at the end of the month. Put her in today and she failed on a few bits which I can deal with but both "rear trailing arm bushes" are bushed. I am being told that I have to replace the actual arms as bushes are not available seperately not even as a pattern part. I find it very hard to believe such a simple problem will cost me nearly £400 which is what I have been quoted. Can anybody advise ??

Have the usual probs re electric hood but will search the boards re that problem.

Thanks in anticipation - I look forward to becoming a valuable member of the forum - eventually !!!!:)

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
hello :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Been searching the boards and it seems that Spider rear bushes are a common problem. Powerflex appears to be the way forward. Is this something i could do myself ?? Are there any guides that anyone knows of ?? If not what am I looking at cost wise. Anybody recommend an Indie near Spalding ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts