Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I bought a 156 a a practical but good looking/sporty car for my wife. It's such a nice drive I use it myself now.:D

I was a bit weary about buying a second hand alfa, especially as I saw a few neglected ones at car dealers. So we got a 1.8 TS Lusso.

The only problems to date are: very slight oil drip - I think that's because the guy who last serviced it didn't use a collapseable washer. Can't operate o/s rear window from drivers door control. remore key/alarming has just stopped working, after changing the battery.

I've seen lots of notes about the remote key giving up, so I'll try a few tips before shipping it off to the "chris" guy on ebay.

Oh, the glove compartment door was a little bent, I think caused by the light switch, which now stays on. I'll just stick a rubber grommet or something on the door to press the switch.

I was also surprised how comfortable it was after a longish drive (150miles). Lots of rentals I've had in the past really gave me back ache. No Probs here, though I can't quite decide whether it's arm rest up or down - may be a bit of both:p

Cheers

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO....... :)

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
welcome to AO:)

P

·
0 Posts
Hi and welcome to AO :wave:

By the way - it's an Alfa ;)

If you click the edit button at the bottom of your post and change the spelling the asterixes will disappear :thumbs:

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts