Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals,

Been reading these forums for quite some time now, and finally decided to join in with the fun!

I thought I'd introduce myself in this new thread here, I run my precious Alfa 156 2.4JTD on a 'W' 2000, which has been remapped to 200 raging horses, and is soon to encounter a set of Cadumaro front and rear bumpers (as soon as I can find somewhere who I can 'borrow' some garage space off locally) ;)

I live in Notts area, and have been an Alfa Owner for just over a year now. Had some initial issues with the car (and the dealers), but since I didn't actually pay a bucket for the thing, I spent a little cash, and had those said 'issues' sorted. I put a set of original Alfa 17's/Pirelli tyres on there, and given the car some loving attention.

Now, I will probably get flamed for this... :D - I did have a BMW 320D on a 'W' 2000 before I bought my Alfa. No, I'm not one of those typical BMW drivers!!! :cheese:

Just wanted some automobile love in my life, so Alfa was the way!

I do a fair bit of travelling, and have always been a bit curious of diesel. It has power, and unlockable power like you wouldn't believe. But that's another story... I see that 'most' Alfa Owners prefer petrol, well hey, that's your opinion, and you are very entitled to it! :)

I didn't join these forums to get caught in the raging petro/diesel debates, I joined these forums to talk Alfa with you guys and gals.

So, apologies for the long introductory post, I'm looking forward to being a true Alfa Owner. :cool:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Hi JTD, welcome to AO!

Another member of the re-mapped 'darkside'..... :D :D :D

A BMW 320d.....I'll forgive you....

Some piccies of the Alfa....?? ;)

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
JTD said:
Hi guys/gals,

Now, I will probably get flamed for this... :D - I did have a BMW 320D on a 'W' 2000 before I bought my Alfa. No, I'm not one of those typical BMW drivers!!! :cheese:

i doubt you will get flamed as it seems you have seen sense and got an alfa :lol: :p

do you happen to have any pics of your car to post on here :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO. :)

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Hi JTD. Welcome to AO. :)

Why are your side skirts a different colour to the rest of the car? :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The side skirts are silver as I have a silver band that goes right the way along the bottom of the car. Although, you can't see the front or back very well from the photos.

Wanted to do something different. The car is going for a new paint job March next year anyway - As soon as I get the Cadumaro bumpers fitted, so basically it is a short-term thing.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hi and welcome JTD - nice 156 but don't let the 166 feel left out in the cold - all Alfa's are welcome here.
How come you have two Alfa's anyway - or perhaps there are more lurking around the corner? :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts