Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have just purchase a 2000 156 2.4 jtd, so I thought that I would join to say hi and pick your brains.

Unfortunately there are a few issues with mine at the mo, so I have not felt the full potential of the 2.4 JTD plant yet.

The car has been stood for around six months, and previous to that was only used very rarely. I had to replace the original battery to get it started.

The first problem is the gear stick. Instead of springing back to the neutral position, it simply does'nt and just stays where it is. The same happens if you pull it over to the left or the right.
The gears do however go in ok, it is just that it seems quite stiff??

The other problem is the lack of power from the engine. It drives like it has 70 bhp not 140bhp (Quite literally!!!) I was told to remove the MAF sensor lead, which i did. This did improve things but it is still way off what she should be doing.
I will have a go at cleaning the MAF, but if this does not work i will look at getting a new one. Do i go for the original bosch?? What do you think of the cheaper replacemtnts MAF's?? Bosch's web site say that they will cause damage to the engine in the long run?
They are doing them on ebay for £40 inc postage!

CAN ANYONE ADVISE???

Also if anyone knows where i could get a set of 17 inch original alloys it would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Nick

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, welcome to AO. SOrry, I don't know much about the diesel, but I'm sure once eveyone has stopped celebrating Christmas someone will be able to help you out :)

W

·
0 Posts
Hi and welcome :D

Nick Younge said:
The first problem is the gear stick. Instead of springing back to the neutral position, it simply does'nt and just stays where it is.
Mine current SW was the same after only a couple of weeks laid up...it'll free up eventually. If not you'll have to get the linkage lubricated.

Nick Younge said:
I was told to remove the MAF sensor lead, which i did. This did improve things but it is still way off what she should be doing.
Just replace the AFM, Alternative autos are cheap and supply OA stuff.

Nick Younge said:
Do i go for the original bosch??
YES! Don't buy after market copies for something like this.

Nick Younge said:
They are doing them on ebay for £40 inc postage!
Err, see above ;) I've read many bad things about those things.

Nick Younge said:
Also if anyone knows where i could get a set of 17 inch original alloys it would be much appreciated.
Nope...'cos I'm after some as well! If you see some how about letting me know ;)

Unless you fancy a set of white multi-spokes ;)

wrinx

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
610 Posts