Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently driving an Alfa 156 2.0, having previously had a GTV.

I now have the option of joining the company car scheme and am close to choosing a GT 1.9 diesel.

Had a brief test drive the other day and fell in love instantly.

Couple of big questions I have are these:

Leather or AlfaTex ??

17" or 18" ??

BOSE System or CD Miutlichanger ??

My budget allows me the basic model with a selection of extras but it is limited.

Paul

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

I prefer 18" ;)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The bigger the better ;)

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Leather
18"
Bose (with the MP3 function, no need for multi changer)
welcome :D

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
If you're doing a lot of miles you may find the 17" give you a better ride than 18"-and personally I prefer the look of the 17" on the GT :cool: .

If I'd had the money, I would have definitely gone for the Bose with MP3.

Leather or Alfatex is personal choice really. I've got Alfatex, having had leather in my previous car and I don't really have a preference. But, if the boss is paying I'd have leather ;)

Whatever you decide, you've got great taste :)

What colour are you going for BTW?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lynnb said:
If you're doing a lot of miles you may find the 17" give you a better ride than 18"-and personally I prefer the look of the 17" on the GT :cool: .

If I'd had the money, I would have definitely gone for the Bose with MP3.

Leather or Alfatex is personal choice really. I've got Alfatex, having had leather in my previous car and I don't really have a preference. But, if the boss is paying I'd have leather ;)

Whatever you decide, you've got great taste :)

What colour are you going for BTW?
Not sure on the colour yet, depends on the leather or alfatex option. Possibly Dijon blue with alfatex or Stromboli grey with red leather ??

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Hi PLF and welcome to AO :)
My car has full leather interior and It looks, feels & smells great, so I'd recommend leather. :cool:

18" wheels look really cool but the package includes lower profile tyres with shorter sidewalls, which equates to a stiffer ride.... great for the track and very fast road use, but not so comfortable for everyday driving. You have to make the decision based on your driving style and local road conditions. :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Hello mate, welcome on board. :cool:

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
plf_2006 said:
Not sure on the colour yet, depends on the leather or alfatex option. Possibly Dijon blue with alfatex or Stromboli grey with red leather ??

get the stromboli grey and red leather.....you know you want to :D

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
That would be my choice as well, though the Blue Leather looks good with Stromboli as well.
If you have to do this on a cost basis, I would go for the Leather above all of the others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts