Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, would anyone have any idea what size helicoil kit i need to order so that i may mend the leaking sump plug on my 2.0 Twinspark 16v engine / Alloy Top?

Have been researching helicoil kits and the choice in sizes has led me to asking . Much obliged as always for any pointers in the right size direction.

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,044 Posts

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ned, is the size M18 or M8? I have been looking and all the M18 are x 1.5 and i can't see any M18 x 1.5 but all the M8 are x 1.25? Is your size a typing error or am i just not engaging my brain? ......Also, having had a search around the boards i think the sump plug is M8 in size?

·
7,044 Posts
Ned, is the size M18 or M8? I have been looking and all the M18 are x 1.5 and i can't see any M18 x 1.5 but all the M8 are x 1.25? Is your size a typing error or am i just not engaging my brain? ......Also, having had a search around the boards i think the sump plug is M8 in size?
Hi

Yes sorry M18 x 1.5 x 10

Ned

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Ned, just got a quote back from Wurth for a M18 x 1.5 kit and i have only just managed to lift my jaw of the floor ..........£200 + VAT .

·
7,044 Posts
Thanks Ned, just got a quote back from Wurth for a M18 x 1.5 kit and i have only just managed to lift my jaw of the floor ..........£200 + VAT .
I can probably get it a bit cheaper for you, email me and I will see what I can do :thumbs:

That is, professional kit, it is expensive

You need the right kit to do the job right, we have about 20 of these kits for different size bolts

We charge £20 for each one we have to fit which on the face of it is expensive but I really don't think it is given the time and kit cost etc

Ned

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that ill just book my car in with you guys, i reckon that my £240 is better spent on a karcher pressure washer and your price is very reasonable for the job. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts