Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Looking for someone with a helicoil in newcastle to do the normal sump plug repair. and a rough price

I can buy the kit for £80 on Ebay so would have thought it was cheaper then this.

I have searched on Google and just got loads of threads up.

if not can anyone suggest what size drill and tap would be best. I have a bench drill and a tap set but have not got the M18 1.5mm tap set. so wold need to buy a bigger one but not being an expert I dont know what size would be best.

BTW Sump is from a 1.6 TS 159 x Reg. No cracks but was leaking sumps off now as the shells are being replaced. Sump plug hole has been removed by a numbskull in the past who has well overtightend and stripped most of the thread off. Now I am in the need for the car to be put the sump back on soon I need to try and fix the sump plug.

Thanks in advance. I can bring it to the place and have cash waiting if anyone on here happens to have one. as near to NE27 area as possable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the PMs etc. Got in touch and all is well. New Shells same day as the old ones were taken for comparison, and hopfully helicoil fitted soon by the wonderful Mr "howmuch". then its the dreaded MOT time, then tax then I can drive it round for a while, Yippppeeee.

Thanks for all the help. Only thing i need now to make the car look good is better alloys, the ones on need shooting.

[img=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6956/pict2052fa7.th.jpg]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts