Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, a little help much appreciated..... So this morning after a small oil top up, i drove my 147 1.6 twinnie for about 20 minutes before realising that i had forgotten to replace the oil cap:disappointed:. OK so engine smeared in oil and a tiny amount in the area of the filler. Put the cap back and off I went. Now after maybe 15 - 20 minutes the engine management light comes on with attendant warning. Sometimes flashing and sometimes on continuously. Also slightly rough idle, and drives a bit like its running on three/fouled plug(s). Seems somewhat coincidental that it should do this straight after my memory lapse, as has been running fine for ages.... could it be oil deposit on a sensor that just needs cleaning?

Any ideas gratefully accepted....

franco

·
Premium Member
7,576 Posts
probably oil in the sparkplug holes.....

as an unrelated side note, is your oil level still ok now ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'd agree with oil in the spark plugs. just take them out give them a clean and the surrounding of where they sit as you don't want any more trickling in. the extra oil can mess with the sensors when burning up and can trigger warning lights. You should get the lights and codes reset after cleaning everything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts