16,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When trimming hedge's with a powered trimmer keep your mouth closed. :eek:

Privet cuttings taste :vomit:

Leylandi cuttings taste :vomit::vomit:

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Thanks for the tips Nige.... :lol: ... i usually either just cut through the cable .... or failing that ...have been know to descend back down the step ladder the wrong side ....rather swiftly.... not recommended.... :D

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Glad I read the whole post - thought you were talking about a different kind of hedge :eek:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips Nige.... :lol: ... i usually either just cut through the cable .... or failing that ...have been know to descend back down the step ladder the wrong side ....rather swiftly.... not recommended.... :D
:thumbs: You're welcome ! Do you read the same DiY books as me? I've done all of the above !

Added another one on Thursday. Parked the machine on the conservatory roof whilst moving the ladder. In the process I caught the cable and the first reaction was to cower down and cover my head whilst waiting for the inevitable. The inevitable didn't happen - immediately, it did about 5 seconds after I stood up. I tried to catch it............. Consequently I now have a cut finger which starts bleeding again every time I catch or knock it. The cheque I made out for the accountant later that day has a few red spots on it, I hope he thinks it's red ink. Actually of course it's blood money. :D

·
16,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or get the pool cleaning man to do it for you, as an extra? :D
Only pool I have Zed is my gene pool and no one has touched that for yonks. :cry:

·
16,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad I read the whole post - thought you were talking about a different kind of hedge :eek:
This has some raised some startling images, especially has my Bosch has a 63cm blade. :wow::eek:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
You stirred my memories of years past, which went thus: Got one of those American 15 Ft. Dia. splasher pools for when the grand kids, nieces and nephews visited, so that kept the little blighters occupied, whilst we did the Barbie' and drinks stuff.:thumbs:

Back to the hedge trimming bit. Our garden was a fair size, with conifers down both sides which were quite tall, and of course required trimming. So in the hottest of weather it was a great relief having a break from being up the ladder with plank, and then just immersing a plastic garden chair, or a Lilo floated, with a can of my favourite brew. Took ages after a break like that to finish the job off though! :D:lol:

·
16,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You stirred my memories of years past, which went thus: Got one of those American 15 Ft. Dia. splasher pools for when the grand kids, nieces and nephews visited, so that kept the little blighters occupied, whilst we did the Barbie' and drinks stuff.:thumbs:

Back to the hedge trimming bit. Our garden was a fair size, with conifers down both sides which were quite tall, and of course required trimming. So in the hottest of weather it was a great relief having a break from being up the ladder with plank, and then just immersing a plastic garden chair, or a Lilo floated, with a can of my favourite brew. Took ages after a break like that to finish the job off though! :D:lol:
Loved my last house here in the UK Zed, had a 200' by 50' back garden with 8' hedges all around. When I first moved in in 86 I could do the whole lot including getting rid of the cuttings in a single day.

These days I struggle to do my far smaller plot in a day, perhaps too much resting, supping and admiring the completed sections and visualizing what it would like once it was all completed ?

That or too many cigs ! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts