Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I downloaded the complete Smiths discography on Friday afternoon and immediately listened to the first 6 albums.

The Queen Is Dead is my favorite, which is yours?

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
I downloaded the complete Smiths discography on Friday afternoon and immediately listened to the first 6 albums.

The Queen Is Dead is my favorite, which is yours?
The Queen is Dead was always, IMO, their best, most accomplished album.

Do people still call them albums?

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
Always thought The Smiths were a product of Emperor's New Clothes Syndrome.

Everyone in the music publishing world (NME*) says they're great, therefore they must be.

I missed the Smiths boat at the time, and time hasn't filled me with a nostalgic desire to seek out their back catalogue.

* The Queen is Dead best album of all time, The Smiths better than The Beatles, etc.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Always thought The Smiths were a product of Emperor's New Clothes Syndrome.

Everyone in the music publishing world (NME*) says they're great, therefore they must be.

I missed the Smiths boat at the time, and time hasn't filled me with a nostalgic desire to seek out their back catalogue.

* The Queen is Dead best album of all time, The Smiths better than The Beatles, etc.
Hmmm now you've pointed it out............ I feel cheated and rather silly for having liked The Smiths for almost 30yrs. If only I'd realised that I didn't actually like them for their tunes, guitars, lyrics, style, sensibility etc., and I had simply fallen for a rotten PR con.

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
ahhh ... the inevitable ... back lash ... you had to be there

to not like the Smith's is a denial of how indie came about

it's a shame that the rave culture spat on it and then fizzled out:)

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
Hmmm now you've pointed it out............ I feel cheated and rather silly for having liked The Smiths for almost 30yrs. If only I'd realised that I didn't actually like them for their tunes, guitars, lyrics, style, sensibility etc., and I had simply fallen for a rotten PR con.
Music is highly subjective, if you really like The Smiths, fine by me.
I'm not going to name call you because you do.

I just think that there were people who like/liked them JUST because it was trendy or popular to do so, and then moved on to the next band/style that they were told to.:thumbs:

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Music is highly subjective, if you really like The Smiths, fine by me.
I'm not going to name call you because you do.

I just think that there were people who like/liked them JUST because it was trendy or popular to do so, and then moved on to the next band/style that they were told to.:thumbs:
I don't think there's any name calling on here just a lot of talking:p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts