Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I had to buy a replacement xenon headlamp unit as my NS headlamp unit was full of condensation which was affecting both the beam pattern and had caused heavy corrosion to many of the main headlamp components. I was quoted circa £1200 for a genuine Alfa unit, so sourced a second hand one from a popular online auction site. Problem is, I'm now in the same boat again, only this time it's worse.

The headlamp is not only filling with condensation, but the lights are intermittently also not working. I've tried removing the light unit, drying it up and resealing it, but this only seems to work for a couple of days and I really don't want to spend a grand-plus on a new headlamp.

Any one have any ideas or know where I might source a xenon headlamp for reasonable money?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
It'll be the ballast unit underneath the main lamp, it's badly designed and condensation from the lamp can pool around the ballast connector and gain ingress to the ballast casing causing water damage.

Your probably better off swapping the ballast from the other lamp to qualify this is the case and then look to replace the failed one if it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts