Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next issue on my new 166 is the steering, it seemede imeadiatly heavier than my other one, but i put this down to a slightly bigger engine and maybe low tyre pressure. But last night i was manouvering into a parking space and tried to do a quick "lock to lock" spin of the steering wheel it seemed not to want to play at the same speed and got quite difficult has anyone experienceed this before?

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
fluid level OK?

are the new wheels the bigger 17in horseshoe type whereas the old car had pepperpots, would that account for it?

does it get easier with extra revs?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fluid level OK?

are the new wheels the bigger 17in horseshoe type whereas the old car had pepperpots, would that account for it?

does it get easier with extra revs?
Fluid level is fine, and the fluid actually looks pretty "clean"

They are the bigger wheels which could well account for it + low pressure possibly.

I will have to try the revs one, but can i do that in neutral?

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
yep, see if it is easier to turn with a few more revs, if it needs extra revs to get to a normal level may suggest pressure is down a bit at idle and the extra revs just boost it up a bit.

Mine has the occasional funny feel to it, seems to stick then go all of a sudden, just put it down a a 166 quirk.

HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts