Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Newbie on the forums here so happy to meet you all :)

Haven't noticed this problem on any previous posts so I thought I could pick a few experienced minds here!

I've already taken this issue to the dealership but no diagnosis given (no fault codes).

I have a 2013 Giulietta Progression Manual (1.4L multiair Petrol) and have encountered a heavy "shuddering" intermittently. Frequency - Occurs about 1-4 times per week over the past 4-6 months. Duration -Lasts no more than 10-15 seconds. Quality -The shuddering feels like you get when under load (high gear, low revs uphill). Its heavy enough that passengers notice. It will tend to be preceded by being in 4th or 5th gear in the 40-60km/ph speed on a warm engine (10-20 mins after start). The shuddering will only occur during throttle and stops off throttle. Also not present when I shift into neutral but will be present in other gears. The only way it stops is if I shift down to 2nd and rev past 4-5k then all fine for the rest of the day. Car has clocked up just about 50000kms and I mainly do city commuting. Sorry about all the metric system values btw!

I've had the car since new and besides the car's dodgy stock battery which is due for replacement the car has been trouble free and most important great fun to drive and look at!

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Regards
Alfabot!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts