Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely in Gods name there is a way to set the temperature to what you want, NOT what the car thinks it wants?:furious::furious::furious::furious:

·
Registered
332 Posts
with the dials that change the numbers under the stereo...

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Works brilliantly on mine.
What is poor is trying to work out whether the aircon is on in bright light - impossible to tell if it's lit up or not.
This was so much better on older Alfas - you couldn't fail to tell.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
AirCo should maintain +14"C, resulting +16"C inner space irrespectively how high ambient temperature is.
I assume +10"C is not possible.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
So if I want the temp to be 10 degrees - how do I do it?
10 degrees?:confused:
Do you prefer to sit in your car wearing lots of layers?
20 degrees seems to be the CIBSE norm for comfort (sat in a living room), a tad lower in bedrooms and a tad higher in bathrooms).

·
Registered
332 Posts
10*C... in this weather shouldnt be a problem. turn A/C off and turn to LO or set it to 16*C and crack a window. i dont know of any climate unit that will control temp below 16*C.

even my '98 Fiat Coupe goes down to 16*C and then LO on a dial (not digital numbers like in the alfa)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumbup:

I take it the answer is 'no control' then!

Just fed up of being blasted with unpleasant hot air every morning as the uber climate control tries to get the temp up to 16 degrees. Opening the windows a bit only lowers the temp so the system blows even harder and hotter to compensate.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
As above I have not seen any car with Climate control where you can set the temp less than about 14-16°C. Use the 'low' setting. Mind you that will probably freeze your ******** off :D

I wish mine would get to 16°C before I actually get to work (it does just about) :lol:

·
Banned
3,110 Posts

Just fed up of being blasted with unpleasant hot air every morning as the uber climate control tries to get the temp up to 16 degrees. Opening the windows a bit only lowers the temp so the system blows even harder and hotter to compensate.
It is physically impossible to get hot air from recently started cold engine.
As I told before ( not remember to whom exactly ), your car is definitely equipped with PTS heater which generate this hot air while engine is cold.
Just switch it off.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
:laugh:This has to be a crank thread surely?
If we lived in the tropics it would kinda make sense, but Greater London? :grin:

The 'Auto' buttons work great for the crappy winter weather when the windows would otherwise always be misting up.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Don't think I've ever come across someone complaining that the car heating system gets too hot, while at the same time not being faulty:thinking:

·
Registered
64 Posts

"Upto" 16 degrees? Are you made of molten lava? My server room at work runs at 17C and I bung a coat on if I'm in there for more than 5 minutes, why on earth do you want to be down at 10C?

·
Registered
332 Posts

so the 'lo' option isnt cold enough?

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Well.. a bit off topic, but looks like the same...
I am really disappointed with my high pee stream pressure have pushed me rearwards and created shines at my back every time. Any ideas how to solve it ???...
:biglaugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts